Fire breaks out in vehicle used to move containers at Harwich port
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters were called to extinguish a blaze which started in a vehicle used to move containers around Harwich International Port.
The fire broke out just after 5.20am on Saturday morning at Parkeston Quay.
Two crews from Dovercourt were called to the scene.
Essex County Fire and Rescue Service said: “The vehicle, which is used to put the containers on and off the boats, was 25% alight when crews arrived.
“Firefighters managed to quickly extinguish the fire in under 10 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
“The cause of the fire was recorded as accidental.”
- 1 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 2 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 3 'There are a million pundits... it becomes tedious' - Cook on Portsmouth trip
- 4 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 5 £1m renovation on Suffolk castle will change the appearance
- 6 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 7 Revealed: The most popular names for babies born in Suffolk in 2020
- 8 Ipswich Town fan banned from Portman Road for racially abusing player
- 9 Framlingham taxi driver lives double life as Chateau Diaries star
- 10 'I'm very lucky' – Ipswich biker-chef lost arm and hand in A14 crash