Fire breaks out in vehicle used to move containers at Harwich port
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters were called to extinguish a blaze which started in a vehicle used to move containers around Harwich International Port.
The fire broke out just after 5.20am on Saturday morning at Parkeston Quay.
Two crews from Dovercourt were called to the scene.
Essex County Fire and Rescue Service said: “The vehicle, which is used to put the containers on and off the boats, was 25% alight when crews arrived.
“Firefighters managed to quickly extinguish the fire in under 10 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
“The cause of the fire was recorded as accidental.”
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 3 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 4 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 5 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 6 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 7 No starts, sarcastic cheers and a quick profit - A look back at Kieffer Moore's time at Town
- 8 Historic Walberswick Bell Inn closes for one week
- 9 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 10 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate