Driver taken to hospital after crash involving two vehicles
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
A driver has been taken to Colchester Hospital after two cars collided on the B1068 near Stoke by Nayland.
Police were called to the collision in Park Road between Thorington and Stoke by Nayland shortly before 8am this morning.
The road was blocked for most of the morning and there were delays around the area for some time.
The collision involved a Renault Clio and a Ford Ranger.
One person was trapped inside a vehicle, but crews from Suffolk Fire and Rescue removed the car roof to free them.
You may also want to watch:
The driver was taken to Colchester Hospital by road ambulance.
Police have confirmed there does not appear to be any life-threatening or life-changing injuries at this stage.
- 1 Covid vaccines cancelled at four Suffolk centres today – this is why
- 2 'Dedicated' volunteer police officer dies after having Covid-19
- 3 Floods as river bursts its banks at beauty spot
- 4 Ipswich closing in on Thomas signing, as club await Harrop medical results
- 5 Suffolk coronavirus vaccine concerns – your questions answered
- 6 Latest 'R rate' shows coronavirus still spreading in region
- 7 New cheese afternoon tea launched in Suffolk
- 8 Where Ipswich Town are at with ins and outs during the January transfer window
- 9 Infection rates continue to tumble across Suffolk and Essex
- 10 Huge numbers of Covid vaccine bookings in Suffolk
Two fire engines from Colchester, one from Hadleigh and another from Sudbury were called to the scene.
An air ambulance was also in attendance along with Suffolk Highways, who cleared the debris.