Driver taken to hospital after crash involving two vehicles
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
A driver has been taken to Colchester Hospital after two cars collided on the B1068 near Stoke by Nayland.
Police were called to the collision in Park Road between Thorington and Stoke by Nayland shortly before 8am this morning.
The road was blocked for most of the morning and there were delays around the area for some time.
The collision involved a Renault Clio and a Ford Ranger.
One person was trapped inside a vehicle, but crews from Suffolk Fire and Rescue removed the car roof to free them.
You may also want to watch:
The driver was taken to Colchester Hospital by road ambulance.
Police have confirmed there does not appear to be any life-threatening or life-changing injuries at this stage.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Engineers repair water main which flooded A14 roundabout
- 3 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
- 4 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 5 Framlingham taxi driver lives double life as Chateau Diaries star
- 6 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 7 Thunderstorm warning issued in Suffolk as heavy rain forecast
- 8 Portsmouth 0-4 Ipswich Town: Blues deliver Cook's biggest win as boss
- 9 Former Suffolk school leaders found guilty of professional misconduct
- 10 Familiar faces galore, 'Chequebook FC' and the start of something big? - Town head to Portsmouth
Two fire engines from Colchester, one from Hadleigh and another from Sudbury were called to the scene.
An air ambulance was also in attendance along with Suffolk Highways, who cleared the debris.