Crews attend fire at Bury St Edmunds Tesco
- Credit: Archant
Three crews were called to Lawson Place in Bury St Edmunds at around 7.52pm this evening.
Smoke was seen coming out from under one of the stores fridges and there was a smell of gas inside the building.
The area was cordoned off by Suffolk Fire and Rescue and flats above the store were evacuated while crews tackled the fire.
They also isolated the mains electricity in the store.
Officers with breathing apparatus went in to the store to monitor the situation and found a fire under one of the fridges in the store.
You may also want to watch:
They were able to put it out with an extinguisher.
The ambulance service were called to the scene and several members of the public were treated for smoke inhalation.
- 1 Bishop on his 'brutal, almost disrespectful' Ipswich exit, not fitting into Cook's system and why he's 'absolutely loving' life at Lincoln
- 2 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 3 Your favourite pub, restaurant, café and hotel in Suffolk revealed
- 4 Cook on whether he's missing the influence of Richardson
- 5 Town face 'red tape' wait over Celina
- 6 ‘Inadequate’ private hospital closes after patients ‘put at prolonged risk of harm’
- 7 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 8 Grieving Cook determined to fill Town fans with joy
- 9 Yellow weather warning for heavy rain issued for parts of Suffolk
- 10 Ed Sheeran announces three Wembley dates as part of = world tour
UPDATE: The store has confirmed it is open today (Saturday).