Fire safety advice issued after unattended pan leads to smoke-logged house
- Credit: Archant
Fire crews were called to a smoke-logged house in Frinton today - because the owner had gone out and left a pan on a hob unattended.
Firefighters attended an address in Greenway in the seaside town at around 11.50am on Tuesday, November 19, after smoke alarms were set off in the property.
A spokesman for Essex County Fire and Rescue Service said: "On arrival, crews reported that the kitchen was smoke logged after a pan was left on the hob unattended and the resident had gone out.
"Firefighters used fans to clear the smoke in the premises."
After the incident, the fire service issued the following safety advice, reminding the public that more than half of accidental fires at home are caused by cooking.
You may also want to watch:
-Avoid leaving children in the kitchen alone when cooking on the hob. Keep matches and saucepan handles out of their reach to keep them safe.
-Make sure saucepan handles don't stick out - so they don't get knocked off the stove.
- 1 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 2 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 3 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 4 Three East Anglian curry houses make final of English Curry Awards
- 5 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'
- 6 A14 to close following four vehicle crash
- 7 From Blues to U's - how ex-Town stars are faring at Colchester
- 8 Former Town winger Finidi George gets first senior manager job
- 9 Numbers don't look good but there are turnarounds Town can take from
- 10 Towering views for royal on visit to see completed £4m Suffolk project
-Take care if you're wearing loose clothing - this can easily catch fire.
-Keep tea towels and cloths away from the cooker and hob.
-Double check the cooker is off when you've finished cooking.
-Take care if you need to leave the kitchen whilst cooking, take pans off the heat or turn them down to avoid risk.