WATCH: Dramatic aerial footage as firefighters tackle 500 tonne haystack blaze
- Credit: Archant
Fire crews have spend most of the night battling a 500 tonne haystack blaze, the events captured in dramatic aerial footage.
Firefighters were called to the scene, in Clacton Road, Mistley, in north Essex, at around 9.30pm last night, Friday, August 30.
A spokesman for Essex County Fire and Rescue Service said: "When firefighters arrived, they set up hoses to protect the surrounding area while the stack of hay burned itself out.
"One fire engine remained at the scene overnight to ensure the fire burned safely and under control."
Fire crews from Manningtree, Clacton and Wivenhoe attended the scene.
You may also want to watch:
Aerial footage from the scene was taken by Sky Cam East showing the ferocity of the blaze.
As of 8am this morning, one crew remained on scene to make sure the fire burns out safely.
- 1 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 2 A12 fully reopened after serious crash
- 3 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 4 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 5 Man left with cuts to his head after being bottled following fight in Suffolk town
- 6 Obsessed man thought barmaid was in love with him
- 7 Long-serving parish clerk resigns from council hit by flaring tensions
- 8 Positives, negatives and plenty still to do - what we've learned from Town's pre-season
- 9 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 10 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site