Fire crews battle large gorse blaze
FIREFIGHTERS spent more than two hours battling a blaze which engulfed 200 metres of gorse.
Initially one fire crew from Brandon Fire Station were called to Lakenheath Warren, near Brome Road, Lakenheath, to tackle an undergrowth fire.
Assisting crews were later requested and firefighters from Bury St Edmunds attended.
The flames had spread across more than 200 metres of gorse.
A spokesman for Suffolk Fire and Rescue said using buckets and water back packs, firefighters damped down the area.
You may also want to watch:
The incident was brought under control by 2.45am today.
- 1 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 2 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 3 League One side showing strong interest in Ipswich youngster Lankester
- 4 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 5 Woman who pocketed cash for memorial bench avoids prison
- 6 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 7 When Eagles Dare documentary reveals how close Ian Holloway came to being named Ipswich Town manager
- 8 Man in 50s dies following crash on Suffolk border
- 9 Town show Jacobs interest but injury holds up potential deal
- 10 Rubbish dumped on A14 approach road