Fire crews called to Coggeshall after blaze breaks out in derelict pub
- Credit: Archant
Crews arrived around 11.30pm and found the 400sqm building completely alight.
In order to control the blaze, firefighters had to use an aerial ladder platform to spray water from above and were able to get it under control by 3.45am.
Police and the Highways Agency also put a partial road closure in place on the nearby A120 which was being affected by smoke from the fire.
The road was then re-opened around 6.25am.
At 7.30am this morning, one fire engine remained at the scene with crews checking for remaining hotspots.
By 9am, firefighters were still dampening down the hotspots at the site to ensure the whole building was cooled and safe.
Essex County Fire and Rescue Service left at 10.30am and have started an investigation into the blaze.
- 1 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 2 World War Two-themed holiday accommodation plans at former airfield
- 3 New cafe toasts successful first week
- 4 Police called to anti-vaccine demonstration at Suffolk pharmacy
- 5 Harper and El Mizouni made available for loan
- 6 Patrols 'throughout the night' following dispersal order in Suffolk town
- 7 'Two suspicious individuals' spotted on primary school roof
- 8 Long delays on A12 after overturned tractor trailer
- 9 Ex Town striker Wickham links back up with Manning at MK Dons
- 10 McKenna considering changes for Accrington visit