Cleaning products mix to become ‘toxic gas’ at Colchester health club
- Credit: Archant
Fire crews have been called to a Colchester health club after cleaning products mixed to create a ‘toxic gas’.
Emergency services were called to the scene, in Grange Way, at around 11.40am today.
Six fire crews, from Wivenhoe, Clacton, Halstead and Rayleigh Weir, were called to attend.
A spokesman for Essex County Fire and Rescuer Service said: “Firefighters were called to assist at an incident which happened at a health club where two cleaning products had been accidentally mixed and had caused a toxic smell and gas.
“One person who was affected by the gas was given care by the Ambulance Service.
You may also want to watch:
“The affected area was quickly contained and fire crews were able to leave the scene in the care of the club at 12.10pm”
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 3 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their friendly clash with Crystal Palace
- 4 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 5 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
- 6 Ipswich Town 0 Crystal Palace 1: Zaha makes Town pay the penalty
- 7 Andy Angles: Five observations following Town's clash with Crystal Palace
- 8 7 pretty villages in Suffolk
- 9 Town coach on Palace display, fans' return, transfer business and Evans' absence
- 10 Matchday Recap: Plenty of positives despite Palace defeat