Fire crews called to fire in field and tractor near Bury St Edmunds
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters were called to a fire at a field in Whepstead, near Bury St Edmunds.
The incident was reported at around 5pm in Brands Lane.
Two crews from Bury St Edmunds attended the reports of a part of a field on fire.
On arrival, the firefighters discovered that an electricity power line and a tractor had been involved.
UK Power Networks were then notified, who attended to liase with the Suffolk Fire and Rescue crews.
The fire was brought under control shortly after 6.15pm using beaters and four hose reels to extinguish the flames.
Attending crews confirmed that around 10 acres of stubble and one tractor had been involved.
- 1 Double-decker bus bought on eBay becomes new home for evicted Suffolk family
- 2 Revealed: The most isolated villages in Suffolk
- 3 Emergency services attending incident in Suffolk town
- 4 Body of woman found in river in Hadleigh
- 5 Unclaimed £83k winning EuroMillions lottery ticket was bought in Suffolk
- 6 First cases of monkeypox reported in Suffolk
- 7 One of north Suffolk's 'most productive' arable farms up for sale
- 8 Ambitious plans to regenerate 'dilapidated' part of Suffolk town revealed
- 9 New owners of west Suffolk sandwich shop promise 'food full of passion'
- 10 The Range secures huge logistics hub at new A14 business park
A Suffolk Fire and Rescue spokesman said there were no injuries.
It is believed the fire began in the field and spread to the tractor.