Fire crews called to fire in field and tractor near Bury St Edmunds
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters were called to a fire at a field in Whepstead, near Bury St Edmunds.
The incident was reported at around 5pm in Brands Lane.
Two crews from Bury St Edmunds attended the reports of a part of a field on fire.
On arrival, the firefighters discovered that an electricity power line and a tractor had been involved.
UK Power Networks were then notified, who attended to liase with the Suffolk Fire and Rescue crews.
You may also want to watch:
The fire was brought under control shortly after 6.15pm using beaters and four hose reels to extinguish the flames.
Attending crews confirmed that around 10 acres of stubble and one tractor had been involved.
- 1 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 2 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
- 3 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 4 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 5 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 6 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 7 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 8 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 9 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 10 Plans to convert pub into block of holiday lets withdrawn
A Suffolk Fire and Rescue spokesman said there were no injuries.
It is believed the fire began in the field and spread to the tractor.