Fire crews tackle 40 acre crop field fire near Hadleigh
- Credit: Archant
Eleven fire engines have tackled crop fire in a 40 acre field near Hadleigh.
According to a spokesman for Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service, crews were called at around 11.45am to the blaze off the A1141.
The spokesman said that 40 acres of standing crops were well alight and that eleven engines, including the fire service’s all-terrain vehicle has been sent to fight the fire.
He added that a drone operator had also been called to the scene to keep an eye on the fire from above.
Firefighters called a stop on the incident at around 1.45pm.
You may also want to watch:
The spokesman added: “They have now begun dampening down now the blaze has subsided.
“They are dampening down the perimeter wit the assistance of the drones.”
- 1 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 2 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 3 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 4 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 5 'We've lost one or two from last week' - Cook reveals fresh injury set-back
- 6 Road off A14 closed after serious collision
- 7 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
- 8 'Complete waste of our money' - uproar over Santa's grotto
- 9 Cook believes Ipswich are 'biggest and best' club in League One
- 10 Petrol queues worsen rush-hour traffic
Stay with us for more on this breaking news story.