Fire crews tackle 40 acre crop field fire near Hadleigh
- Credit: Archant
Eleven fire engines have tackled crop fire in a 40 acre field near Hadleigh.
According to a spokesman for Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service, crews were called at around 11.45am to the blaze off the A1141.
The spokesman said that 40 acres of standing crops were well alight and that eleven engines, including the fire service’s all-terrain vehicle has been sent to fight the fire.
He added that a drone operator had also been called to the scene to keep an eye on the fire from above.
Firefighters called a stop on the incident at around 1.45pm.
You may also want to watch:
The spokesman added: “They have now begun dampening down now the blaze has subsided.
“They are dampening down the perimeter wit the assistance of the drones.”
- 1 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 2 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 3 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 4 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 5 Judge heading to Ipswich exit as contract clause could end Irishman's Portman Road stay
- 6 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 7 'He goes with our best wishes' - Cook confirms Judge will leave Town
- 8 Next steps outlined for decision on A12 traffic light plans
- 9 Death of 'loving' Suffolk woman in crash was 'unmitigated tragedy'
- 10 'They have big dreams... we're in great hands' - Town favourite Yallop on his links to new US owners
Stay with us for more on this breaking news story.