Fire crews fight gorse fire in Westleton in Suffolk
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters have tackled a 300 square metre gorse fire in Westleton near Saxmundham this morning.
Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service was called at around 6.55am today, Thursday, September 21, to the blaze off Dunwich Road.
A fire spokeswoman said a Unimog fire truck was called to the scene to help tackle the fire as well as engines from Lowestoft South and Leiston.
She said; “It was a fire in the open in Dunwich Road.
“Around 300 square metres of gorse was alight.”
She said a stop was called on the fire at around 8.30pm but fire crews remained at the scene to check for hotspots.
- 1 Uproar as plans put in to turn Suffolk pub into vets
- 2 New farm shop and cafe opens in Suffolk countryside
- 3 Burglar jailed for break-in at Stowmarket dental practice
- 4 Further case of Omicron Covid variant detected in East Anglia
- 5 Stu says: Six observations following Papa John's Trophy exit to Arsenal U21s
- 6 Parish council concerned about plans for new A14 service station
- 7 Friends speak of 'spiking' in market town and advise others: 'be careful'
- 8 West Suffolk's Covid rate rises to become highest in county
- 9 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 10 Former Town defender McGreal returns to club in coaching role