Fire crews free trapped driver following crash near University of Essex Colchester Campus
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
Firefighters released a driver from the wreckage of a crashed car in Colchester.
The collision happened near the University of Essex Colchester Campus on Friday night.
Fire crews were called to reports of a road traffic collision, with one person trapped, shortly after 8.45pm.
Two crews from Colchester station made the three-and-a-half mile journey to the scene, in Boundary Road, on the edge of Wivenhoe Park.
On arrival, they found a man trapped inside the vehicle. They were able to release him before 9.30pm, when he was left in the care of an ambulance crew.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Essex County Fire and Rescue Service said: “Firefighters were called to assist at the scene of a road traffic collision.
“On arrival, crews reported that one male was trapped in his vehicle.
- 1 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 2 Suffolk man guilty of raping schoolgirl and facing jail sentence
- 3 Man airlifted to hospital after suffering serious leg injuries in crash
- 4 Delays of 80 minutes following A12 crashes
- 5 'We'll see how we go' - QPR boss Warburton on Bonne recall option
- 6 Ipswich Town players' FIFA 22 ratings revealed
- 7 Britain's poshest train set to return to Ipswich
- 8 Can Town kick on now? Predictions for the next five league games
- 9 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 10 Suffolk 'can't afford' to repair or clear 700 damaged road signs
“Firefighters freed the male by 9.28pm, before leaving him in the care of the ambulance service.”