Fire crews tackle chimney blaze

FIREFIGHTERS were called to a blaze in a chimney at a property in Cross Street, Hoxne, near Diss.

FIREFIGHTERS were called to a blaze in a chimney at a property in Cross Street, Hoxne, near Diss.

A crew from Stradbroke attended at just after 5.30pm and requested the turntable ladder from Colchester Road in Ipswich after finding the chimney well alight.

A spokeswoman for Suffolk Fire Service said the fire was contained within the chimney and the turntable ladder was needed to gain better access.

She said the incident was over by 8.05pm.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus