Fire crews tackle fence and grass fires
FIRE crews in Suffolk were called to two separate fires overnight.
The first broke out in Stowmarket at around 1am.
One crew from the town’s fire station arrived at the scene in Curwen Road to discover an area of grassland alight.
The firefighters tackled the blaze and had the incident under control within around ten minutes.
Across the county in Ipswich another crew from headquarters station in Colchester Road were called to Shakespeare Road, just off Norwich Road at around 1.15am.
You may also want to watch:
The crew found a fence and garden gate alight. The fire was out by 1.40am.
- 1 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 2 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
- 3 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 4 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 5 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'consider £350k bid' for keeper
- 6 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 7 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 8 Gill has 'no regrets' over Norwich to Ipswich switch
- 9 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 10 Truck's four-figure repair fee at Colchester garage left unpaid