Fire crews tackle field blaze near Bury St Edmunds
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Fire crews have worked quickly to prevent a field fire from spreading near Bury St Edmunds.
Firefighters were called to the standing crop fire this morning close to New Road near Barrow at around 10.10am.
A spokesperson for Suffolk Fire and Rescue said: "Farm machinery was used to create a firebreak to prevent the fire from spreading.
"Attending crews used hoses and jets to extinguish the fire and dampen down the surrounding area."
Crews from Bury St Edmunds and Newmarket were in attendance.
You may also want to watch:
A stop call has been made and there were no reports of any injuries.
- 1 Daylight dogging makes beauty spot 'no-go area'
- 2 Three East Anglian curry houses make final of English Curry Awards
- 3 'It was horrific': Grandmother stuck abroad after 40ft castle fall
- 4 'We have the quality to go on and win this league' - Burns calls upon fans to keep the faith
- 5 Five star cat hotel opens near Bury St Edmunds
- 6 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
- 7 Towering views for royal on visit to see completed £4m Suffolk project
- 8 Seven observations following Ipswich Town's 2-1 loss to West Ham U21s
- 9 From favourites to outsiders - odds on Town winning League One drift widely
- 10 'Keep the faith' - Town fans on poor start and what needs to change