Fire in barn at Mutford farm
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters were called to tackle a barn fire in Mutford near Lowestoft this afternoon.
Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service received a call at around 12.20pm on Saturday, March 3, to reports of a fire in a barn at Holly Farm in Chapel Road.
According to a spokesman for the fire service a teleporter, used to move bails of hay, had caught fire.
“It had caught on fire in a barn full of straw, he said.
“The straw did not catch fire,” he added.
Three fire crews - one from Wrentham, one from North Lowestoft and one from Beccles attended the scene.
The fire was extinguished and a stop called at around 12.50pm.
- 1 The most beautiful places to live in Suffolk - according to estate agents
- 2 Norwood set to stay... despite seven clubs showing interest
- 3 'He's made massive strides here' - Town recall striker Simpson from Swindon
- 4 'He's a s**t house' - Stanley chairman slams Town skipper Morsy
- 5 Stu says: Five observations following Town's 2-1 win v Accrington
- 6 "I love him... I think he’s absolutely brilliant' - Chaplin on Town boss McKenna
- 7 The Secrets of Dunwich: East Anglia's lost capital
- 8 'Ludicrous' - Stanley boss on 'big turning point' in Town loss
- 9 Emergency services attend Felixstowe bungalow fire
- 10 Suspected drink driver who crashed into bush among five arrested in Newmarket area