Fire in barn at Mutford farm
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters were called to tackle a barn fire in Mutford near Lowestoft this afternoon.
Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service received a call at around 12.20pm on Saturday, March 3, to reports of a fire in a barn at Holly Farm in Chapel Road.
According to a spokesman for the fire service a teleporter, used to move bails of hay, had caught fire.
“It had caught on fire in a barn full of straw, he said.
“The straw did not catch fire,” he added.
You may also want to watch:
Three fire crews - one from Wrentham, one from North Lowestoft and one from Beccles attended the scene.
The fire was extinguished and a stop called at around 12.50pm.
- 1 'We've got to be better - myself included' - Cook on 3-0 loss at Northampton Town
- 2 'Loving and devoted' - Family pay tribute to mother-of-five found in park
- 3 Community thanked for helping seriously burned man at Hadleigh petrol station
- 4 Matchday Recap: Town beaten yet again as Blues flop at Northampton
- 5 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 defeat to Northampton
- 6 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
- 7 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 defeat at Northampton Town
- 8 Have you seen this Suffolk pub’s new outdoor kitchen and bar?
- 9 Grandfather-of-two 'died with dignity' in hospice while serving life sentence
- 10 'Nothing surprises me anymore' - Judge on Town departure