Fire crews called in to tackle large field fire in Lawford
- Credit: Archant
Fire crews in Essex have attended a large field fire in Lawford this afternoon.
Crews were called to the scene at around 3.30pm this afternoon to Dedham Road on the outskirts of Lawford.
Five vehicles were called to the incident including two from Colchester and further vehicles from Wivenhoe, Manningtree and Dovercourt.
A spokesperson for Essex County Fire and Rescue Service said: “When fire crews arrived at the incident they reported that around 300m of the field of standing crops was on fire. The fire officer requested extra firefighters to help tackle the fire.
“Firefighters worked hard to stop the fire spreading to nearby stables and successfully extinguished the fire by 4.40pm.
“Firefighters stayed at the incident to check for any remaining hot spots and sure the scene was safe.”
An investigation into the fire’s cause is due to take place.
- 1 Trio jailed as travellers' site shooting described as 'like a movie scene'
- 2 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 3 Major west Suffolk road reopens after lorry and car crash
- 4 Karaoke noise complaints prompts fear Grade II pub could close
- 5 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 6 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 7 'Selection is down to the manager' - Town CEO Ashton on Norwood's absence
- 8 Battle of the caretakers, good omens and McGreal's possible rejig... Charlton v Ipswich
- 9 Charlton boss Jackson on Bonne's 'point to prove', Addicks' interest in Pigott and Cook's sacking
- 10 Historic pub and restaurant to reopen after £150,000 investment