Fire crews called in to tackle large field fire in Lawford
- Credit: Archant
Fire crews in Essex have attended a large field fire in Lawford this afternoon.
Crews were called to the scene at around 3.30pm this afternoon to Dedham Road on the outskirts of Lawford.
Five vehicles were called to the incident including two from Colchester and further vehicles from Wivenhoe, Manningtree and Dovercourt.
A spokesperson for Essex County Fire and Rescue Service said: “When fire crews arrived at the incident they reported that around 300m of the field of standing crops was on fire. The fire officer requested extra firefighters to help tackle the fire.
“Firefighters worked hard to stop the fire spreading to nearby stables and successfully extinguished the fire by 4.40pm.
You may also want to watch:
“Firefighters stayed at the incident to check for any remaining hot spots and sure the scene was safe.”
An investigation into the fire’s cause is due to take place.
- 1 'Our fund is $13 billion and we’re holding $700m in cash' - The money behind Ipswich Town's new owners
- 2 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 3 'You either deliver or you leave' - Cook's message to Town players
- 4 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 5 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 6 Woodbridge community 'saddened' after couple found dead by police
- 7 Paul Cook speaks about Ipswich Town takeover for first time
- 8 A14 closed after serious crash between van and car
- 9 How busy was Bury St Edmunds town centre as lockdown eased?
- 10 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident