Fire crews tackle oven fire in Monks Eleigh
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters have tackled a blaze at semi-detached house in Monks Eleigh in west Suffolk this morning.
A spokesman for Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service said they were called to the scene in Back Lane just before 10.40am today, Friday August 11.
He said: “There was smoke in the front room at a semi-detached house.
“The house measured 10 metres by 20 metres.
“The fire was located in the oven.”
He said the family car was not outside the house so it was believed they were not in at the time of the fire.
“We had to force entry through the rear of the property,” he said.
- 1 The most beautiful places to live in Suffolk - according to estate agents
- 2 Norwood set to stay... despite seven clubs showing interest
- 3 Cash machines stolen in ram raid at Tesco in Brandon
- 4 Serious fire breaks out at home in Woodbridge
- 5 The Secrets of Dunwich: East Anglia's lost capital
- 6 Weather warning in place for Suffolk as temperatures plunge below freezing
- 7 5 places to spot celebrities in Suffolk
- 8 6 roadworks to avoid in Suffolk this week
- 9 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 10 'He's made massive strides here' - Town recall striker Simpson from Swindon
“There were two engines that attended the scene originally but one of them was stepped down.
“When they identified the fire was in the oven the judgement was made that the other engine could go.”
Fire crews called a stop on the incident at 11.15am.