Fire crews tackle scrap yard blaze
FIRE crews have tackled a blaze which engulfed a scrap yard in flames.
Firefighters from Ixworth and Elmswell were called to Grove Lane, Stanton, at 5.09pm today after plumes of smoke were seen coming from a scrap yard.
On arrival crews found 20 tonnes of wood and scrap mental alight in an area of 20sq metres.
The flames were tackled using hose reel and main jets by 7.17pm.
A mechanical excavator was also called to the scene to assist in the removal of debris.
You may also want to watch:
A fire crew from Bury St Edmunds later arrived at the scene to relieve the Elmswell firefighters.
- 1 'If offers are higher elsewhere, so be it' - Wigan CEO on losing Evans to Ipswich
- 2 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 3 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 4 Thunderstorms expected to continue until Saturday in Suffolk and Essex
- 5 Wanted man arrested in Stowupland village
- 6 Chambers on a 'Town core setting standards' at Colchester
- 7 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 8 Farmer's anger at 'utterly vile' dog owner who tied dog mess to gate lock
- 9 Saxmundham man, 26, appears in court charged with 11 child sex offences
- 10 'Happy-go-lucky' mum died in Ipswich days after news of second lockdown