Fire crews tackle scrap yard blaze
ESSEX firefighters are tonight fighting a ferocious fire in a scrap yard. The blaze broke out just after 9pm in the yard in Haven Road, Colchester, and four pumps are currently fighting the fire.
ESSEX firefighters were tonight called to a ferocious fire in a scrap yard.
The blaze broke out just after 9pm in the yard in Haven Road, Colchester, and needed four pumps to fight the flames.
The owner of the site arrived on the scene just before 10pm. The police also attended following initial fears it could have been started deliberately.
Firefighters used foam to douse the flames which suggests there was a risk of flammable material.
Two crews from Colchester were at the scene along with engines from Wivenhoe and Mersea.
The fire was out by 10.20pm.
- 1 Major west Suffolk road reopens after lorry and car crash
- 2 Trio jailed as travellers' site shooting described as 'like a movie scene'
- 3 McGreal named interim boss as Cook's coaches all depart
- 4 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 5 Member of staff assaulted in armed robbery at west Suffolk Post Office
- 6 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 7 'It was unanimous... this season's not dead' - Ashton on why Town sacked Cook
- 8 Ashton on whether a new boss is lined up, the type of manager he's searching for, possible reunions and Town's timeframe for an appointment
- 9 Morsy on 'shock' of Cook sacking and McGreal's message
- 10 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m