Fire crews tackle series of blazes
FIRE crews in Ipswich and Felixstowe were in high demand as a series of fires broke out overnight.
Firefighters from Princes Street Fire Station were called to Wherstead Road, Ipswich, at just before 12.15am.
On arrival the crew found a wheelie bin which was deemed as “well alight” - the blaze had also spread to a number of surrounding bushes.
They used one hose to control the flames and the blaze was brought under control by 12.30am.
Meanwhile in Waldringfield, two crews from Felixstowe and Ipswich tackled another fire, which had engulfed a car in Waldringfield Road at around 1.15am.
You may also want to watch:
The flames were battled using a hose reel jet for over 30 minutes.
At 2.53am, firefighters from Ipswich were then called to Queens Way in the town, where a car was found to be well alight.
- 1 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
- 2 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 3 'Kind and loving' husband-to-be dies of lymphoma aged 27
- 4 Pub near Stowmarket closes temporarily due to Covid-19 case
- 5 Former Town assistant Taylor back in football
- 6 Wanted man arrested in Stowupland village
- 7 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 8 Pair arrested for alleged sex assault on young woman
- 9 265 new homes set to be built off A14 at Stowmarket
- 10 Sweltering Suffolk could see hottest day this year ahead of thunderstorms
Wearing two breathing apparatus, the crews tackled the fire using hose reel jets and the incident was brought under control by 3am.