Fire crews tackle ‘suspicious’ lorry fire in Barningham in west Suffolk
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters have tackled a ‘suspicious’ lorry fire in Barningham this evening.
Emergency services were called at around 8pm today, Thursday, October 12, to reports of the blaze in Sandy Lane.
Crews from Thetford, Bury St Edmunds and Elmswell were sent to the scene to fight the fire.
A spokesman for Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service said: “On arrival crews found a small lorry parked next to a tree well alight and used two hose reel jets to tackle the fire.
“Police have been contacted as well due to the suspicious nature of the fire.”
You may also want to watch:
Firefighters called a stop at 8.53pm but remained at the scene until 9.38pm
- 1 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 2 The stats which put Bonne top of the League One charts and firmly on course for a very rare Ipswich Town milestone
- 3 Suffolk families stunned after homes transformed on Changing Rooms
- 4 Channel 4's Changing Rooms comes to Bury St Edmunds tonight
- 5 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
- 6 Villagers call to stop 'hazardous' 5-week road closure with huge diversions
- 7 Suffolk coast named one of top UK destinations for autumn
- 8 Donacien on his Ipswich Town future and why he wears the No.44 shirt
- 9 Man left with serious injuries after late-night attack in town centre
- 10 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside