Fire crews tackle tumble dryer blaze in Jaywick bungalow
Safety advice has been issued by Essex Fire and Rescue Service following a tumble dryer blaze.
Two crews from Clacton were called to a bungalow in Rosemary Way, Jaywick, at around 9.20am.
Using one hose reel, firefighters extinguished the blaze just before 10am.
The brigade has released the following safety tips:
- Always follow the manufacturer’s instructions
You may also want to watch:
- Don’t use tumble dryers at night or while unattended
- Clean the filters regularly to ensure they do not become blocked with fluff
- 1 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 2 Ipswich U18s fall to second-half Liverpool goals - how the FA Youth Cup semi-final unfolded....
- 3 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 4 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 5 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 6 Takeaway owner fined £3.5k after series of food hygiene breaches
- 7 'I loved my time here... I should have stayed' - Former loanee Jeffers back with Town in coaching role
- 8 Former judge's widow on trial for sex abuse of young boy in 1980s
- 9 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 10 'Larger-than-life' Ipswich drama teacher Gloria Henshall dies
- Items should be removed from the dryer immediately after the cycle and shaken loose to assist cooling
- Not to overload plug sockets. Ensure that no more than 13 amps are in any one plug socket.
- You can also register your domestic appliances for free at www.registermyappliance.org.uk who will contact you in case of any safety repairs or product recalls on your appliances.