Fire detected in college kitchen

A BURNING smell reported at a college in Suffolk turned out to be a small fire in a light fitting.

A BURNING smell reported at a college in Suffolk turned out to be a small fire in a light fitting.

Firefighters were called to reports of a burning smell in the kitchen at Mildenhall College of Technology, shortly after 8am this morning.

Crews from Mildenhall and Newmarket arrived to find a small fire in a light fitting which they were able to isolate. The area was declared safe again at around 8.20am.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus