Fire extinguished at Wagamama in Bury St Edmund’s ARC Centre
- Credit: Archant
A fire in Wagamama kitchen in the ARC Shopping Centre, Bury St Edmunds, was extinguished by fire crews this morning.
Two crews from Bury St Edmunds were sent to the incident just after 10am to reports of a fire in a deep fat fryer.
On arrival, crews found the fryer to be well alight and used a dry powder extinguisher, a fire blanket and two sets of breathing apparatus, bringing the incident under control by 10.40am.
The fire happened before the shopping centre had opened, and fire protection devices installed at the site meant the centre did not need to be evacuated.
ARC Shopping Centre manager Colin Roberts said: “It was just one of those unfortunate things.
You may also want to watch:
“There was a small fire in the kitchen area. The staff did exactly as they should have done and used a fire blanket.
“It didn’t extinguish it and the fire service was called. The fire brigade were incredibly quick.
- 1 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 4 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 5 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 6 New rickshaw taxi service starts in town
- 7 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 8 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 9 Farm to use renovated rail carriages as holiday lets
- 10 Kesgrave shooting: Trial set to start as boy, 16, denies attempted murder
“We have got fire protection devices which came down in advance. There were no worries of it going to spread any further.”