Fire from wood burning stove ignites chimney in Framlingham

Framlingham firefighters tackled a blaze in Saxmundham Road

Framlingham firefighters tackled a blaze in Saxmundham Road

Smouldering wood caused a chimney to catch light at a Suffolk home in the early hours of this morning, according to firefighters.

The blaze broke out at about midnight in the chimney of a property in Saxmundham Road, Framlingham.

A local fire crew had the flames under control by about 12.45am. They said the chimney had been ignited by the embers of a wood burning stove.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus