Fire in Aldeburgh basement
FIREFIGHTERS were called to a street in Aldeburgh following a fire in a basement due to a power surge.Fire took hold in the basement of a property in Leiston Road, Aldeburgh, at about 12.50am today.
FIREFIGHTERS were called to a street in Aldeburgh following a fire in a basement due to a power surge.
Fire took hold in the basement of a property in Leiston Road Aldeburgh at about 12.50am today.
Two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used a single hose reel jet to control the flames.
A spokeswoman for the service said the fire was caused by a power surge which led to a small fire in cabling.
You may also want to watch:
Engineers from EDF Energy carried out work on the power supply and the flames were under control by 1.43am.
- 1 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 2 Suffolk man guilty of raping schoolgirl and facing jail sentence
- 3 'We'll see how we go' - QPR boss Warburton on Bonne recall option
- 4 Man airlifted to hospital after suffering serious leg injuries in crash
- 5 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 6 Delays of 80 minutes following A12 crashes
- 7 Ipswich Town players' FIFA 22 ratings revealed
- 8 Britain's poshest train set to return to Ipswich
- 9 Can Town kick on now? Predictions for the next five league games
- 10 Suspected drink driver flees scene after car destroyed in crash