Post mortem to be conducted on body found after fire in Leiston
- Credit: Archant
A Home Office post mortem will take place tomorrow on the body discovered at the scene of a fire in Leiston.
Officers were called to the scene of a portable building, off land next to Leiston Football Club in Victory Road, at 3.37pm yesterday, Wednesday, February 6.
Police have now confirmed the fire took place on Tuesday, February 5, at around 3.30pm.
A police cordon remains in place around the scene while Crime Scene Investigators (CSI), detectives and fire investigators carry out their enquires.
A spokesman for Suffolk police said: “A Home Office post mortem examination is due to take place tomorrow, Friday, February 8.
Anyone who witnessed any suspicious activity in the area during the last two weeks, or who has knowledge of the incident is asked to contact police on 101 quoting CAD 246 of February 6.”
- 1 The most beautiful places to live in Suffolk - according to estate agents
- 2 Norwood set to stay... despite seven clubs showing interest
- 3 'He's made massive strides here' - Town recall striker Simpson from Swindon
- 4 'He's a s**t house' - Stanley chairman slams Town skipper Morsy
- 5 Stu says: Five observations following Town's 2-1 win v Accrington
- 6 "I love him... I think he’s absolutely brilliant' - Chaplin on Town boss McKenna
- 7 The Secrets of Dunwich: East Anglia's lost capital
- 8 'Ludicrous' - Stanley boss on 'big turning point' in Town loss
- 9 Emergency services attend Felixstowe bungalow fire
- 10 Suspected drink driver who crashed into bush among five arrested in Newmarket area