Post mortem to be conducted on body found after fire in Leiston
- Credit: Archant
A Home Office post mortem will take place tomorrow on the body discovered at the scene of a fire in Leiston.
Officers were called to the scene of a portable building, off land next to Leiston Football Club in Victory Road, at 3.37pm yesterday, Wednesday, February 6.
Police have now confirmed the fire took place on Tuesday, February 5, at around 3.30pm.
A police cordon remains in place around the scene while Crime Scene Investigators (CSI), detectives and fire investigators carry out their enquires.
A spokesman for Suffolk police said: “A Home Office post mortem examination is due to take place tomorrow, Friday, February 8.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who witnessed any suspicious activity in the area during the last two weeks, or who has knowledge of the incident is asked to contact police on 101 quoting CAD 246 of February 6.”
- 1 'We've got to be better - myself included' - Cook on 3-0 loss at Northampton Town
- 2 'Loving and devoted' - Family pay tribute to mother-of-five found in park
- 3 Matchday Recap: Town beaten yet again as Blues flop at Northampton
- 4 Community thanked for helping seriously burned man at Hadleigh petrol station
- 5 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 defeat to Northampton
- 6 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
- 7 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 defeat at Northampton Town
- 8 Grandfather-of-two 'died with dignity' in hospice while serving life sentence
- 9 Have you seen this Suffolk pub’s new outdoor kitchen and bar?
- 10 'Nothing surprises me anymore' - Judge on Town departure