Fire leaves families homeless
THREE families have been left homeless following a house fire.
Emergency services were called to Daniel Way, in Silver End, where a mid-terraced house was completely engulfed and destroyed by flames.
At 3.15pm today, seven fire crews from across Essex were called to battle the blaze which left three families homeless.
The flames rapidly tore through the building and left four neighbouring houses heavily smoke logged. By 5pm the fire had been surrounded.
Assistant Divisional Officer Vernon Kendall said: “One property has been completely destroyed by the fire.
You may also want to watch:
“Four terraced houses have been affected by the fire and three families have been rendered homeless.”
Firefighters battled the blaze wearing eight sets of breathing apparatus and using six hose reel jets.
- 1 No starts, sarcastic cheers and a quick profit - A look back at Kieffer Moore's time at Town
- 2 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 3 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 4 Mapped: Number of places recording Covid cases doubles in last week
- 5 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 6 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 7 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 8 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 9 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 10 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
A thermal imaging camera was also used to help fire crews to help detect hot stops with the property.
The blaze had been extinguished by 5.40pm, however crews remained at the scene for over a hour.