Fire engulfs fence before spreading to two-storey home
- Credit: Archant
Two crews battled a house fire in Melton this afternoon after a blaze engulfed a garden fence and spread to a property.
Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service were called to reports of the building fire in Wilkinson Way, Melton, just after 1pm today.
Two crews, one from Ipswich East and a second from Woodbridge, were called to the house fire.
A spokesman for Suffolk Fire and Rescue said: “The fire started on a garden fence and spread to a two-storey detached house.
“The fire is understood to be contained in the first floor of the building, above the garage.”
You may also want to watch:
A stop time was called on the fire at 1.48pm after the blaze was put out.
No one is known to have been in the property at the time of the fire.
- 1 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 2 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Spurs loanee Parrott set to return to Blues next season
- 4 'Complete negligence' - anger as sports clubs locked out of playing fields
- 5 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 6 Mike Bacon: 'Be careful what you wish for' - But we've been proved right, we saw this coming years ago
- 7 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 8 Suffolk police teams to star in new documentary series on Dave
- 9 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 10 Witnesses sought after four-vehicle crash in east Suffolk