Fire service tackle series of blazes
FIRE crews from across Suffolk were in high demand after a series of fires broke out in the early hours of today.
Firefighters from Felixstowe Fire Station was called to an “unknown blaze” in Cordy’s Lane, Trimley St Mary, at 12.35am.
On arrival they found a motorcycle on fire and used a water back pack to extinguish the flames.
The incident was brought under control by 1am.
Fire crews from Elmswell and Stowmarket were then called to a property in Brettenham Road, Buxhall, after a blaze broke out in an airing cupboard.
You may also want to watch:
Crews arrived at the scene at just after 4.10am and wearing two breathing apparatus, the fire was tackled using two hose reel jets.
At 4.13am, a crew from Debenham then attended a grass verge blaze on the A1120 at Pettaugh.
- 1 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 2 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 4 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 5 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 6 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 7 No starts, sarcastic cheers and a quick profit - A look back at Kieffer Moore's time at Town
- 8 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 9 Patient in 90s will fight Ipswich Hospital parking fine
- 10 Mapped: Number of places recording Covid cases doubles in last week
A tree stump was found to be well alight and a section of grass had also been affected by the flames.
Using a hose, firefighters had brought the fire under control within 30 minutes.