Firefighters battling bungalow blaze as flames spread to five properties
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters are tackling a blaze on a Felixstowe street after five bungalows caught alight.
Five fire engines are battling flames at the single storey properties on Grange Road, after being alerted to the fire just before 8.30pm tonight (Thursday, October 3).
The fire is understood to have begun in the roof of a property on Grange Road, near Langley Avenue and Maidstone Road, and spread to the others via a shared roof space.
A spokeswomen for Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service said: "It was reported to us at 8.26pm and the fire is ongoing at five single storey properties.
"Firefighters are tackling the blaze using breathing apparatus, hose reel jets and extension ladders in use.
You may also want to watch:
"They have a water supply established and all persons are accounted for."
She added: "We believe it started in the roof and first affected two properties, which share a roof space, allowing the fire to spread."
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 3 'It's gone crazy' - Boss of Town's promotion rivals on League One spending
- 4 Andy Angles: Five observations following Town's clash with Crystal Palace
- 5 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
- 6 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 7 Mapped: Check the Covid rate in your Suffolk neighbourhood
- 8 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their friendly clash with Crystal Palace
- 9 7 pretty villages in Suffolk
- 10 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
Appliances from Colchester, Ipswich East, Princes Street, and Felixstowe are in attendance, with an additional pump from Essex currently en route to the blaze.
Suffolk police and the ambulance service are understood to be in attendance.