Huge fire breaks out in village
- Credit: Archant
Four fire engines were sent to the scene of a blaze in Tannington near Framlingham this morning.
Teams from Debenham, Framlingham, Saxmundham, Halesworth and Leiston were called to reports a fire had broken out in three sheds at 8.10am today.
A stop was called to the incident at 9.06am, but two crews remain at the scene damping down hot spots.
A spokesman for Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service said: "Four fire engines were called to reports of a fire in three sheds, with the fire measuring 20 metres by 3 metres. The sheds contained general garden equipment.
"They were called shortly before 8.15am but a stop was called just after 9am.
You may also want to watch:
"Two crews remain at the scene."
People living in nearby Framlingham reported hearing several sirens in the area.
- 1 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 2 Family pay tribute to former Suffolk headteacher who has passed away
- 3 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 4 Stu says: He's ours now! The pick-pocket and cheese-gate - Town's 4-0 win
- 5 A14 roundabout lanes remain closed as burst water main repaired
- 6 Two Suffolk homes 30 miles apart struck by lightning
- 7 'Managers don't get enough credit' - Walton delighted as Town deliver big win for boss Cook at Pompey
- 8 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 9 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 10 Engineers repair water main which flooded A14 roundabout
There are no reports of any road closures at this time, but police have been made aware of the incident.