Firefighters battle blazes
FIRE crews from across the region have battled a series of blazes.
Firefighters from Mildenhall tackled a fire on the A1101, close to the Mildenhall Technology College, where an area of undergrowth was alight.
The incident was brought under control within 90 minutes.
At 6.10pm, crews from Woodbridge were called to a town property in Ransom Road after a grill pan caught fire.
Crews ventilated the house and made the cooker safe.
You may also want to watch:
A hedge fire on Old Norwich Road was then tackled by firefighters in Ipswich.
Having arrived on scene at just before 6.45pm, the flames were put out in 20 minutes.
- 1 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 2 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
- 3 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 4 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 5 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 6 Gill has 'no regrets' over Norwich to Ipswich switch
- 7 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 8 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 9 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'consider £350k bid' for keeper
- 10 Truck's four-figure repair fee at Colchester garage left unpaid
Meanwhile, crews from Lowestoft were called to ensure the scene of road collision was safe after petrol leaked onto the road.
Firefighters arrived at the incident in Yarmouth Road, Lowestoft at just after 4.29pm today.
The East of England Ambulance Service was also called and took one person to James Paget Hospital.