Firefighters battle two-storey house fire
FIRE crews were called to battle a blaze which left an Essex home “well alight”.
Two crews from Witham and a crew from Braintree were called to Broadway in Silver End, at 5.35am today, following reports that a two-storey end of terrace house was on fire.
The fire was brought under control using one hose reel and two jets.
A spokesperson for Essex Fire and Rescue said: “There were no casualties and the incident was dealt with at 6.36am.”
Crews described the house as “well alight” when they arrived on scene.
You may also want to watch:
Initially two crews were sent to tackle to fire, but due to the number of call to the fire service’s control room, a third appliance was sent.
- 1 'If offers are higher elsewhere, so be it' - Wigan CEO on losing Evans to Ipswich
- 2 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 3 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 4 Thunderstorms expected to continue until Saturday in Suffolk and Essex
- 5 Chambers on a 'Town core setting standards' at Colchester
- 6 Wanted man arrested in Stowupland village
- 7 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 8 Saxmundham man, 26, appears in court charged with 11 child sex offences
- 9 Farmer's anger at 'utterly vile' dog owner who tied dog mess to gate lock
- 10 'Happy-go-lucky' mum died in Ipswich days after news of second lockdown