Firefighters called out to chimney blaze in thatched property
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters were called to extinguish a chimney blaze in a thatched home near Halesworth this evening.
Three crews from Halesworth, Southwold and Wrentham were sent to the scene in Southwold Road, Blyford, at about 6.30pm.
An aerial ladder platform from Yarmouth was also sent to the incident.
The blaze was eventually extinguished just before 7.20pm.
The firefighters then inspected the roof and loft areas to check if the fire had spread. The whole incident was brought under control at about 8pm.