Firefighters called to Colchester home as falling cereal box sparks kitchen blaze

Fire-engine

- Credit: Archant

A Colchester home was left smoke damaged after a cereal box fell on a hob that had been accidentally left on, sparking a kitchen fire.

Two fire crews from the town were called to the scene in Durham Square at about 11.15am following reports from neighbours who heard the smoke alarm and saw smoke coming out of a window.

The incident commander at the scene reported that the house was “50% smoke logged”.

Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used one hose reel jet to extinguish the fire just after 11.40am. A positive pressure ventilation fan was then used to clear smoke from the property.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus