Five fire engines sent to crop fire in Ixworth
- Credit: Archant
Fire crews have been called to fire in three acres of grass in Ixworth.
Firefighters were called to the scene after receiving reports of the blaze, off the A143, at around 1pm today, Friday July 20.
A fire spokesman said: “It looks like a standing crop fire in a field. “Three acres of grass are well alight.
“They are attempting to prevent the spread to the field next door.”
He added that five fire engines had been sent to the scene.
You may also want to watch:
Firefighters have since extinguished the fire, calling a stop on the incident at around 1.45pm.
The spokesman added: “Just one appliance remains on scene.”
Firefighters are currently fighting open air fires in Hadleigh and East Bergholt having tackled a field blaze in Mile End, near Brandon, earlier today.
- 1 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 2 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 3 Three East Anglian curry houses make final of English Curry Awards
- 4 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 5 A14 to close following four vehicle crash
- 6 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'
- 7 From Blues to U's - how ex-Town stars are faring at Colchester
- 8 Former Town winger Finidi George gets first senior manager job
- 9 Numbers don't look good but there are turnarounds Town can take from
- 10 Towering views for royal on visit to see completed £4m Suffolk project
Stay with us for more.