Firefighters called to kitchen blaze at sheltered housing complex in Diss
Firefighters have attended a kitchen fire at a sheltered housing complex in Diss.
Four engines were dispatched to the set of 51 flats on Weavers Court at roughly 2pm, one from Diss, one from Harleston, one from Stradbroke, and one from Eye.
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service said: “At 2.35pm we were called to a house fire in Weavers Court, Diss, to reports of three casualties with suspected smoke inhalation.
“An ambulance and community first responder attended.
“The crew assessed three casualties with suspected smoke inhalation but no one required hospital treatment.”
You may also want to watch:
The fire was extinguished by 3pm.
A spokesman for Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service added: “Appliances from Diss and Suffolk attended a building fire in Weavers Court.
- 1 A12 reopens after serious collision
- 2 Our Ipswich Town predictions: Top scorer, best player, where they'll finish and more
- 3 Man dies in two-car crash on A12
- 4 'There won't be a better group of strikers in the league' - Jeffers on Town's firepower
- 5 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 6 Film crews begin shooting Amazon show in Suffolk village
- 7 Covid-19 outbreak at hotel 'goes back to Latitude' - but guests not pinged
- 8 Dog-friendly pub set to reopen in east Suffolk after major revamp
- 9 GP warns of 'Latitude effect' as cases rise among young people
- 10 Historic East Anglian sailing barge to become floating bakery
“The fire was extinguished using hose reel jets.
“The crews also used a ladder and a thermal imaging camera.”