Firefighters called to town office block
FIVE fire crews have been called after a strong smell of smoke was discovered inside an Ipswich office block.
A spokesman for the fire service said that fire crews had been called to St Vincent House shortly after 9am today.
He added: “We were called after a strong smell of smoke was discovered on the sixth floor of the building. We have also sent the turn-table ladder to the scene.”
It is believed that the smoke has been caused by an electrical fault, however there are also fears that it may be a gas leak.
More than 100 people are currently gathered outside the office, having been evacuated when fire crews arrived.
You may also want to watch:
The incident was brought under control by 10.50am.
- 1 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 2 Shop opens at Suffolk village pub
- 3 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 4 'If offers are higher elsewhere, so be it' - Wigan CEO on losing Evans to Ipswich
- 5 Thunderstorms expected to continue until Saturday in Suffolk and Essex
- 6 Saxmundham man, 26, appears in court charged with 11 child sex offences
- 7 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 8 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 9 Man and woman charged in connection with the theft of 85 dogs
- 10 'We're keeping about 10% of the roster' - Johnson on Ipswich squad overhaul