Firefighters capture shocking image of beach hut blaze in Walton-on-the-Naze
- Credit: ESSEX COUNTY FIRE AND RESCUE SERVICE
One beach hut was completely destroyed and another was badly damaged during a seaside fire in Essex tonight.
Essex County Fire and Rescue Service was called to Seaview Heights in Walton-on-the-Naze shortly before 8.30pm.
Two beach huts had caught fire.
A brigade spokesman said: “Firefighters tackled a fire involving two beach huts in Walton this evening.
“Firefighters managed to extinguish the fire by 9pm.
You may also want to watch:
“One beach hut was completely destroyed and one other was badly damaged.”
Two fire crews from Frinton attended the incident.
- 1 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 2 Town complete ninth signing as Edmundson joins from Scottish giants
- 3 Some areas record twice monthly rainfall in a day - and more heavy rain to come
- 4 Teenage girl allegedly raped on village recreation ground, court hears
- 5 'He's a proper footballer... hopefully he can stay around us' - praise for Town teenager Humphreys
- 6 Road closed after lorry crashes into tree as one person is trapped inside
- 7 Kenyan school chums meet by 'unbelievable chance' at Suffolk village fete
- 8 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year
- 9 Ipswich Town closing in on deal to sign Rangers defender Edmundson
- 10 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
Firefighters at the scene captured a shocking picture of the devastation caused by the blaze.
The brigade has not confirmed the cause of the fire.