Firefighters free two people trapped in car following crash in Felsted
- Credit: Archant
Two people had to be freed from their car after ending up in a ditch in north Essex this morning.
Firefighters were called around 9.40am to release two people, who had been trapped in a vehicle after a crash with an electricty pole on the B1417 Braintree Road at Felsted left the car in a ditch.
Two fire crews from Braintree worked to free both people by 10.30am and one person with a head injury was treated at the scene and taken to Broomfield Hospital for further care.
Their condition is not believed to be life-threatening.
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service said: “We received a call at 9.40am today to a report of a car that had collided into a ditch on the B1417 at Felsted.
“An ambulance crew and our Hazardous Area Response Team were dispatched to a report of two people in the car.
“One patient with a head injury was treated at the scene and was taken to Broomfield Hospital for further care.
- 1 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
- 2 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 3 'Ipswich did so much for me' - Knight excited for Town return with Crewe after dream Manchester City move
- 4 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Essex
- 5 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 6 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 7 Dispersal order put in place for coastal town
- 8 Nearly 150 homes to go on land no longer needed for jobs
- 9 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 10 Hitchhiker died after being hit by lorry wing mirror on A143
“Their condition is not believed to be life-threatening.”