Firefighters attend heathland fire near Blaxhall
- Credit: Archant
Suffolk Fire and Rescue have attended a heathland fire on School Hill in Blaxhall.
The crews were called to the scene at around 6.20pm this evening.
A spokesperson for Suffolk Fire and Rescue said:“Three fire appliances and a water carrier attended approximately five acres of heathland on fire.
“They surrounded the fire and used 3 hose reels and 1 jet to extinguish.
A spokesperson for Suffolk police said they had been made aware of the incident by the fire service but that no further assitance was required from them and that they were not at the incident.
You may also want to watch:
A stop was called on the incident at 8.36pm.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 2 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 3 Town could still move for another winger after Chaplin signing
- 4 Luke Woolfenden: 'It's like night and day, and I'm loving it'
- 5 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 6 Andy's Angles: Six observations from Ipswich Town's Colchester draw
- 7 Suffolk landowner is fined for careless driving and jumping red light
- 8 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 9 Edmundson was schooled by the 'golden generation' and has put his faith in the Ipswich rebuild
- 10 Rise in West Suffolk Covid rate one of the highest in England