Firefighters rush to kitchen blaze in Colchester
- Credit: Archant
Emergency services were called to a fire caused by an accidentally lit hob at a Colchester property this afternoon.
Essex Fire and Rescue received a call at 3.36pm this afternoon to reports of a kitchen fire in Colchester.
A hob had been turned on accidentally, causing a plastic tray to melt and produce a lot of smoke.
On arrival, a team of firefighters found the kitchen full of smoke. Crews quickly extinguished the fire.
The oven was damaged and the kitchen has smoke damage, but the rest of the house was not affected.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesperson for Essex Fire and Rescue said: “Incidents like these show how important it is to pay extra attention in your kitchen.”
- 1 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 2 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 3 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 4 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 5 Judge heading to Ipswich exit as contract clause could end Irishman's Portman Road stay
- 6 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 7 'He goes with our best wishes' - Cook confirms Judge will leave Town
- 8 Next steps outlined for decision on A12 traffic light plans
- 9 Death of 'loving' Suffolk woman in crash was 'unmitigated tragedy'