Firefighters sent to electricity box fire at Needham Market post office
- Credit: Archant
A Mid Suffolk post office was evacuated briefly today after a minor fire.
It happened at the post office and store in High Street, Needham Market around 7.50am.
Two fire appliances were sent to the incident, a Suffolk County Council spokesman said.
The fire was located in a small electrical box in an alley way near the post office.
It was extinguished within 40 minutes using a single hose reel, the spokesman added.
You may also want to watch:
UK Power Networks was contacted as a result of the incident and attended the scene, the spokesman said.
The post office was unavailable for comment.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 3 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
- 4 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 5 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 6 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 7 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan
- 8 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 9 How many of these 11 award-winning Suffolk food businesses do you know?
- 10 New rickshaw taxi service starts in town