Firefighters tackle barn blaze at Ixworth
- Credit: Archant
Five engines tackled a barn blaze in a west Suffolk village last night.
Initially two crews were called to the blaze in Ixworth, north of Bury St Edmunds, but on arrival they requested further support including an aerial appliance.
Two engines from Bury St Edmunds, one from Ixworth and another engine and aerial platform from Ipswich East attended the scene, at the Stow Road end of High Street.
They were called at around 8pm, with the fire in a barn that backs on to the road.
Police were also dispatched, closing the road to allow firefighters to tackle the blaze from the highway.
The fire was under control by 10.07pm.
- 1 World War Two-themed holiday accommodation plans at former airfield
- 2 Matchday Live: Chaplin wins it as Town claim three points
- 3 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 4 Police called to anti-vaccine demonstration at Suffolk pharmacy
- 5 McKenna hoping Portman Road routine changes can help 'find an edge'
- 6 9 forgotten pubs that were at the heart of their Suffolk towns
- 7 New cafe toasts successful first week
- 8 Police arrest driver after single car crash
- 9 Let's get physical, 'spanner in the works' and selection headaches
- 10 Appeal to find 33-year-old missing man