Crews fight barn fire in village near Bungay
- Credit: Archant
Fire crews were on the scene of a barn fire in Ilketshall St Margaret near Bungay.
Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service were called last night (Wednesday, April 10) at around 7.05pm to reports of a fire at Shadow Barn Farm in St Margarets Road.
According to a fire service spokesman two crews, from Halesworth and Bungay, are fighting the fire.
She said: “This is a fire in a derelict barn measuring 80m by 20m.
“The rear wall and a small section of the roof are on fire. “No animals were in the barn, just old farm machinery.
“There are two appliances on scene.”
The incident ended at 7.46pm.
- 1 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
- 2 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 3 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Essex
- 4 Nearly 150 homes to go on land no longer needed for jobs
- 5 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 6 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 7 Snow falls in Suffolk overnight as cold snap set to continue
- 8 Van driver jailed after A12 crash left motorist with life-changing injuries
- 9 'Calm, graceful and kind': Tributes paid to martial arts world champion
- 10 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk