Dozens of firefighters tackle large barn blaze at Barsham in north Suffolk
- Credit: Archant
Multiple fire crews were at the scene of a blaze that started in a north Suffolk village this morning.
Teams from Suffolk and Norfolk – from stations such as Harleston, Halesworth, Beccles, Lowestoft South, Leiston and Loddon – were sent to reports of a fire in Barsham at 6.12am.
Eight fire engines were still at the scene at 9am but according to chiefs the blaze, which started in a barn at Laurel Farm, is now out.
Part of the B1062 was closed while firefighters tackled the blaze.
Crews had left the scene by 10.25am.
You may also want to watch:
Police and fire crews are working to establish the cause with an investigation due to take place today, a spokesman for Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service said.
UK Power Networks also attended the incident.
- 1 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 2 Driver arrested after 12-year-old boy 'seriously injured' in crash
- 3 Theft of historic Royal Mail post boxes 'a worrying trend'
- 4 'Has to go' - Town fans on Chambers' future, play-off hopes and who they want to see play
- 5 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 6 'I left the club in a more than decent place' - Lambert opens up on leaving Town
- 7 Essex home 'completely destroyed' by fire
- 8 Man in hospital with head injury after late night assault
- 9 Stephen Ward on play-offs belief, Cook's criticism and his future
- 10 Barn goes up in flames in Suffolk village