Firefighters tackle blazes
FIREFIGHTERS battled a series of blazes across the county overnight.
Two fire crews from Colchester Road Fire Station were called to the fire in Heath Road, Ipswich, at 2.14am.
On arrival 40 square metres of gorse was deemed as being well alight and the flames were battled using three hose reel jets. The incident had been dealt with by 3am.
Firefighters were then called to Shakespeare Road, Ipswich, at 12.30am after receiving reports that a motorbike blaze had spread to surrounding undergrowth.
A spokeswoman for Suffolk Fire and Service said that on arrival a motorbike was deemed as being “well alight” – flames had also spread to hedges.
You may also want to watch:
The blaze was battled using a hose reel jet and the incident had been brought under control within 30 minutes.
At 12.45am crews then tackled a blaze which engulfed two sheds in Penshurst Road, Ipswich.
- 1 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 2 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 4 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 5 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 6 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 7 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 8 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 9 No starts, sarcastic cheers and a quick profit - A look back at Kieffer Moore's time at Town
- 10 Mapped: Number of places recording Covid cases doubles in last week
The blaze was brought under control using two hose reel jets.