Firefighters tackle chimney blaze

A FIRE broke out in the chimney of a property in Claydon tonight.

Russell Claydon

A FIRE broke out in the chimney of a property in Claydon tonight.

Firefighters were called to tackle the blaze in the chimney of a cottage in Church Lane at 5.32pm.

A crew from Ipswich and a turntable ladder used chimney rods and a hose reel to extinguish the blaze.


You may also want to watch:


A spokeswoman for Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service said it has been contained to the chimney and a thermal imaging camera was used to detect any hotspots. The crews left at 9pm.

There were no reports of smoke logging in the property.

Most Read

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus